November 5, 2019

October 23, 2019

October 17, 2019

August 12, 2019

July 22, 2019

June 17, 2019

April 25, 2019

April 4, 2019

April 3, 2019

March 21, 2019

Please reload

Recent Posts

The after convention thoughts

October 24, 2017

1/1
Please reload

Featured Posts

Bit by bit putting it together

June 16, 2018

Really, it is just like that. Or feather by feather.

I started gluing the feathers to the skirt.

 

First I had to separate the feather and divide it into small scallop shape sections, 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Than the gluing started.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I worked on the first row and worked my way around and once the first row was dry I started with the second row covering the spaces in between the feathers in the first row and so on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

While the feathers were drying, I worked on the top.

I decided that the way to close the top will be using loops so it will close like a corset should. So I glued the loops on the inside of the back and covered with the clay to have the loops embedded in the back.

Pictures pleaseeeeeeee.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Once all was dry I sanded it to smooth all the rough edges. Then I painted it with red acrylic and sprayed with a decoupage spray sealant, which gives the top a very shiny finish. Almost like lacquer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wanted to line the inside of the corset but realized that doing so will add bulk to the corset and will screw the fitting up, so I thought to myself, what about flocking. 

What about it?  you wonder, or not.

Well, I have never done flocking, nor did I even know how to go about getting it and I didn't even know how you get it. Get the idea.

I googled it and lo and behold I found tons of flocking supplies in many colors. I opted to get white so not to stain the doll body.

Once I got it I tried a small area and it worked.

So even though I did not get pictures of the process, the inside is flocked and has a nice fuzzy feel to it.

Next step was setting the side straps so it will give the corset its 'hinges'.

I used leather with a small silver buckle and yes there are pictures of that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now the next step is putting it all together, but this is a chapter for another blog.

So till next time.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

© Ayal Armon