November 5, 2019

October 23, 2019

October 17, 2019

August 12, 2019

July 22, 2019

June 17, 2019

April 25, 2019

April 4, 2019

April 3, 2019

March 21, 2019

Please reload

Recent Posts

The after convention thoughts

October 24, 2017

1/1
Please reload

Featured Posts

The cock-tail dress

June 27, 2018

 

All done. The dress is all put together all the feathers are shimmering in a beautiful iridescence, the head dress is impressing in the color shape and of course the feathers. I am happy.

I am so happy that this project is ALLLLLL done.

It was so close to hit the garbage bin. Oh so close.

I knew from the start that there might be some issues with the hinges. The sides of the top had to be able to swing, otherwise there is no way to put the dress on or take it off.  I make all my fashion removable and easily, or within a reasonable effort put on and take off.

So I thought leather straps with silver buckles will work fine and give the hinges their flexibility. 

 

Looks nice and I used the tacky fast grab glue, it had to work.

I let it dry for a whole day, but the next day when I tried to take the corset off, the tabs started to come off.

 

 

So, plan B. 

Drill holes along the side so I can thread a ribbon or thread to attach the pieces together. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I used my Dremel to drill the holes, sanded, smoothed, repainted and resealed with the gloss spray. 

Than the unthinkable happened. A side panel broke.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I tried to use some of the clay to piece it together and not panic.

It did not work. I panicked and wanted to chuck the whole thing in the garbage. I had enough.

But I did not.

I sculpted the side piece again. overnight drying time. Sanded, drilled holes, painted, sprayed the gloss sealant and flocked the inside. Yes I flocked the inside. Lining it would have been too thick so I opted to flock the inside. It gives the inside a velvety finish which I like.

Than it was time to attach the skirt.

I used the fast tack glue and had to do it in small sections at a time so I could manage the extra fullness of the skirt.

I added 4 layers of red tulle to the skirt to add fullness and create a crinoline.  

It all worked out.

I used silk ribbons for the sides and back lacing.

If I ever do this kind of corset again I will only use the metal loops on the top and hooks for the rest. It will make lacing and unlacing the corset a lot easier.

 

That headpiece was a lot easier to do. I have wooden stands in the right shape of the doll's head. So I sculpted the base. added the pieces on top the following day. sanded and painted and added the feathers and it was done. Only 4 days work. Easy peesy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now its all done and I am relieved and happy with the results.

 

 

 

Till next time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

© Ayal Armon