Annabelle

In previous blog I covered the making of the skirt.

The jacket seemed at first to be a lot easier.

Well it wasn't.


I put the jacket together using red silk dupioni for both top and lining.

I tried it on the doll and the sleeves were too tight at the forearms.

I used the last of the fabric, I ordered more red silk but who knows when it will get here.

So I decided to throw it away and wait for the silk to arrive.

I took a break and then decide to open the seams where it was too tight and add 1/8" hoping it will

solve the problem.

It did.

Relieved I went on with the top layers.








I used silk organza in black, burgundy and light red.

I put the organza jacket together and attached it to the bodice using hand stitching.


Once this was all done, I started working on the shoulders.


Once the shoulders were attached,


gif

And this is how it came out.


Till next time stay tuned for the next outfit.

Live long and prosper.

Ayal

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square