Making the pleater
So as I told you I set up to make my own fan pleater.
I used a heavy paper that I use for patterns, semicircle the paper, marked the sections, used a tool to scratch the lines for easy folding. Then I decided to glue fabric on the back inn order to give it extra sturdiness. BIG MISTAKE.
The whole thing got damp, limp and started to disintegrate.
Note to self. DO NOT USE PATTERN PAPER.
So I went back to the beginning.
I saw a while ago YouTube on how to make a pleater. They used a wallpaper liner. I got a roll at the time and tried to make the pleater. Failed and gave up on the project. I used the liner for other stuff, but luckily I had enough for this project.
Soooo I marked the semi circle, the sections, this time I made each 3/4" at the widest part, used a sharp tool to dent the lines and started folding.
Once all the pleats are folded I tied the fan to keep it close and started to steam with my steam iron.
I am going to leave it over night and see how it looks in the morning.
The look that I am after is the skirt that you see at the top.
I also to my amazement managed to find the silver fabric that I used in previous outfits.
I got this fabric years ago and have just a small piece left. So I tried to google it using some description, and there it was. I found it.
The one I got is a bit lighter, but the same texture and body. I also got one yard in burgundy. You know just in case.
Anyway, back to the outfit. I saw some renditions of it lately but the pleats are straight and the jacket is not quite the same. So I hope I get it right because there is one in white that I am planning on.
So wish me luck. I hope it works out.
Till later with progress report.
Live long and prosper.